Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hobby Update: Gettin Some Head.... Painting Done

I did a little clean up work today on a few models. I spent most of the day getting ready for my trip to D.C. tomorrow but I managed to squeeze in some hobby time. 

I re-drilled the hole in which the antennae for the command camera was stuck in. It kept breaking off which was really pissin me off this weekend so I fixed it. Got in their nice and deep like, so it won't be budging anytime soon. 

I also prepped my Wyvern and the Command Chimera for their upcoming paint jobs by applying a second base coat and making sure there was no grey still visible on the model.  I'll probably start on these two later this week. 

And finally I revisited to new heads I modeled on my vets a few weeks ago. They are heads from the Scions box with some beards added. I I wanted berets spread throughout my AM army signifying that although they're from all different units and worlds and have different uniforms, they have the commonality of the tan beret. Maybe it's something they took up after banding together to hunt Ghazghkull, or maybe it's in remembrance of all those fallen on Armageddon. And no I didn't chose tan because I want them to look like Rangers. Tan just fit the look of the rest of the army.  


I also updated my Scion with a tan beret.

That's all for now. I'll be in D.C. Monday and Tuesday but should have a Beat Ass Batrep up by the time I get back. It's of the 7th edition games I played this weekend. 

Thanks for reading!

Native,

Out

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work. Really well done on the heads. Next time post some higher res photos so we can see all the hard work better!

    ReplyDelete